Monday, April 7, 2008

Teeth pain

The last couple of days I have had what I think is teeth pain. Its weird I touch a tooth with my tongue and it aches. But I also had some spasms in my jaw last night when I was trying to go to sleep. Thank goodness my doctor gave me those muscle relaxers. Ibprofren and tylenol are taking some of the edge off. my other aches are deep in my cheeks, I think. Also, kinda weird my gums are numb still. I have to look in the mirror to see what I am touching cuz I can't feel it. cold foods sound really good but when I drink them they feel weird on part of my upper lip since it is between numb and tingeling.
Everyone has been real encouraging and then there's those that comment on how different I look. I know...don't point it out. It's like having extra pounds on or having a big zit on your face. chances are you're already aware and you feel terrible about it already. It's funny how at first it didn't bug me. But now I think im getting a complex about the whole thing. I know, I know...it's what's inside that counts. Moreover, someone asked, "Is that what you were going for?" "to look different?" For those of you that have asked the answer is, no! I wanted a little bit more of a chin but the main reason for all of this was for my jaw pain. well, I can definetely say that the pain I was experiencing before, is no more. now its just a whole different ball of wax.
I will be going to the orthodontist on wednesday. I called to get an appointment a week earlier than scheduled since, I have so much teeth pain and feel that they are shifting alot; hopefully in the right direction. Besides I felt it was important since I haven't seen them since my surgery. I'll keep you all updated.

2 comments:

Lionheart said...

Geez... I sent another comment but it didn't post..So, I signed up for an account. Will try sending another post another day.
By the way, your nerves are coming back to life. Be glad you can feel something. As you know, nerves will go into "shock" when tramatized and will take some time to recover. Have you ever had the dentist nick a nerve when giving you anesthetic and have your tongue numb for several days...I have. Just think about the trama the nerve bundle coming down to your jaw has had. It is now coming back to life and is complaining. This too will pass. I would worry more if you were NOT having any teeeth pain. Every time it pains you talk to it and tell it you know its there and you are glad its waking up. Then take a pill :-).
Love, Pops

Lionheart said...

Hi Meg;
Looks like my post got through this time. Now, all I have to do is not forget my login name and password.
Love, Pops
PS: I already forgot my password...Sh...t!