Wednesday, April 30, 2008

7th week post-op

Well, another week has gone by and not too many changes have occurred. I haven't tried that many more new foods cuz it is just work! Oh, I did cut up a sausage patti the other day and had it and that was really good.
I have had aches and shocks here and there. It's weird! Little jolts in my mouth where my nerves are telling me their healing. It only lasts a minute at most, so it is nothing I can't handle. The pain is more of aches and I have been using Tylenol and sometimes Ibprofren for that and that seems to help.
I went to my orthodontist today and I got my first power chain. I read other peoples blogs but didn't really know what they were. I have developed some spaces in between my top teeth and this is suppose to help with this. Also, I only have to wear two bands now! I was shocked. I had been wearing 7-8...now only two? But I am sure my od knows what he is doing.
It was funny while I was there, there was another patient that just got braces on and is going to have surgery in December. He was asking me questions. You could tell he was hesitant and worried. Been there! I referred him to the blogs since I wish I had done that before my surgery. I just love that we all can share our stories and not feel so alone in this crazy world of jaw surgery.
FYI: posted more pics and I put some on from when I just came out of surgery. My husband had taken them I didn't even know...stinker!

1 comment:

ingrid said...

Just checked out your new photos, you're looking hot! So, did you get the ok to chew food yet?