Saturday, April 12, 2008

Still up for rocking!

Last night I went to the Bonjovi concert. I couldn't eat and it hurt to sing along with the songs but it was worth it! Daughtry opened and they rocked as well. I thought for sure my jaw would kill me today since I talked alot last night and was singing(well, lipsinking). But not to bad.
On a different note I have been feeling this small lump under my skin at the jaw line, on the left side. it was pea size a week ago but now it is half the size of a golf ball. Its hard to the touch but doesn't really hurt. It feels like if you have a bruise. But there is no discoloration, warmth, or streaking. Very strange! It makes me worried....will they have to go in again? I called my doctor and thank goodness he was on-call. He said he thought it might be an abcess. As nurse praactitioner, my opinion is, that it isn't. At least from all the findings from above. My teeth in that area don't hurt either. Weird! Could it be a bony spur? Although spurs usually grow over a very long period of time. It seems to also be where I imagine my plate or screw to be. I iced it but that didn't help. Next, I am going to try heat. My doctor wants to see me on Monday. Iam thinking he will take xrays to see if you can see a pocket or growth. He was going to call in antibiotics but I don't think I need them. we'll see if it progresses. My husband says he can tell that it is larger on the one side. Hmmmmm!
I added some pics from last night. Did I mention we had 4th row seats!

1 comment:

ingrid said...

wow! that's great you're well enough to go to a concert. Hope everything works out with the lump. Keep us updated.

i saw your splint pictures. they definitely look much better than mine! i'm going crazy biting on this giant splint all day long.