Friday, April 4, 2008

Break down

Iam trying to be positive and go day by day but today someones shock of my changed appearance really upset me! I couldn't help but cry and have my self a little pity party. It's true...I do look different. Sometimes I don't even recognize myself. It's quite a trying time.
My doctors appointments yesterday were nothing exciting. My PCP was hesitant on giving me anything for my sinuses since I didn't have a fever. She had a point. Next, my oral surgeon. He said he felt some of my swelling went down and reiterated the point that I needed to be patient. He also stated that my face wouldn't be close to what it's going to look like for another 6-8months. He said, " then if you don't like what your jaw bone looks like we can go back in and fix it." Is he crazy! No more surgeries for me! As for my sinuses he said it probably was just allergies and to wait until I develop a fever. He did fix one of the wires from my splint that was poking my cheek. As for that splint, its coming out in 3 weeks! Exciting...yes! But as always it has made me worried about the procedure, since the wires are in one side of my gums and out the other.
As one person reminded me...put on your big girl panties! :>)

2 comments:

ingrid said...

thanks for your comment. hope you're getting better everyday and eating more!

Holly said...

Meg- I looked at your "after" pictures. Yes, you look different, but you also look beautiful!

Just think what it will be like to have no pain every day, too.

I'm heading to Ohio to see Grandpa for a couple days and will be back Thursday. Missy and the boys will be here on Wednesday through the weekend. We're going to Scott Dawson's wedding on Saturday. Can hardly believe Scott is all grown up. I stil picture him in his Superman cape.

Take care and I'll try to see you next week. Did Bill give you his email and mailing address? If not, call me on my cell and I'll give them to you.

All my love to you. Hang in there- but, really, what choice do you have?