Wednesday, April 9, 2008

4th week post-op

So it's the fourth week since I had my surgery and when I look back it really has gone by fast. my teeth pain isn't as bad as it was the other day but it is still there. I have learned to have more empathy for my patients when it comes to pain. You really can sleep and wake up in pain. Whenever I had woke up one of my patients from sleeping and they complained of pain, I didn't believe them. I thought how can you be sound asleep and then be in so much pain. Well, now I know. Must have something to do with that semi unconscious state when sleeping.
I went to my orthodontist today. I was expecting him to do something. But, no! he just looked and said, "wow everything is looking really good." "we'll see you after you get your splint out, in 3 weeks." Boo! I don't know what I was expecting. I guess if he had done something I would have been in more pain than I am now. It's a good thing right?
I saw a friend tonight that I've known for a long time. Guess what she said? You got it... "wow, I don't think I would have known it was you; if I hadn't known you were coming." Boo! I know, I know. But it still bothers me. Patience Megan, patience.
FYI: I added more photos today.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Lookin Great! Swelling is going down for sure. Hey, did you get a nose job too? The bridge of your nose looks curved instead of straight. The tip perks up a bit I think. Maybe it's just the camera. Wide angle lenses held at arms length do distort facial features.
Overall...looookin gooood!