Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's been so long!

I am awful! I have been so very busy. To all of you I am very sorry for not keeping my blog updated.
Let's see what's new...I am eating like a normal person. Although, this is nice, I am enjoying food way too much! My only exception is I am still having difficulty biting into things. My opening is only 2 1/4 fingers wide. It's weird my front teeth are numb. Anybody else feeling that? Its like my teeth are not a part of me. I saw my OD 2 weeks ago and he said that it looks like I will be getting my braces off shortly. What that means, I am not sure but it sounds great. He also stated I need to work on my jaw muscles. He gave me this exercise to take a rubber eraser cut it in half and put it on both sides of my mouth and bite away. I have tried this but it is quite awkward. So I have turned to gum instead. As for my pain...I am only taking tylenol and Ibprofren once a day. It is really nice not to be reliant on meds. As for my swelling or looks, nothing has changed. I guess this is the way I am going to look from now on. I am pretty upset about this! My OS said that my change would hardly be noticed. That's a understatement! I look very different! I don't like it most of the time and now I am stuck with it. Looking for ways to cope with all of this still.

2 comments:

holski said...

Hi Megan,
I've been reading your blog and it's been helping me so much. I am 2 weeks post op, and I know I have to give it more time, but my look has changed quite a bit in my opinion. My nose is VERY different and I'm having a difficult time with it. Everyone says it will go down, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to change much more. Anyway, you look great. =) Do you mind if I add your blog to my list of blogger friends?

ingrid said...

you're alive~! its good to hear from you, and i'm so happy to hear that you're eating normally. i've heard the residual swelling can take 6 months or more to totally go away, so maybe there is still some hope! but either way, you look beautiful, so don't even worry about it :)