Sunday, May 11, 2008

8 weeks

Another week has gone by and I am still exploring new foods. The most of which is chicken... marinated chicken, grilled chicken, chicken on the bone, chicken breast,and a chicken bowl. oh and lots of veggies. Yummy! I really missed veggies. Of course they are all cooked veggies but still they are so good!
However, with all new foods comes more muscle pain. :>(. I should buy stock in Ibprofren and Tylenol.
After my last OD visit I had a wire poking my cheek. I didn't realize that it was the wire. I thought it was just my cheek and muscle healing. so i tried putting wax in the area just to see and whala the pain went away. So I called up my OD and they fixed it. I asked my OD why so long til the next visit. He said," oh well, it can be sooner." ok weird! So I have an appt again the last week of May. I also asked if he could give me a approx time for my braces to come off. He said," end of summer, early fall." Yeah! Hopefully it will be the end of the summer.
I also went and saw my OS. He looked and said everything looks great! I asked him why I have no gum space on the top left. He said it's probably scar tissue and I need to rub my finger up there to try to break it up. So I started....ouch! It's sore up there. Also, Iam also practicing with my jaw exercises. He gave me tongue blades amd I am suppose to stack them up in my mouth. I start adding one by one in between each blade til I can't stand it. I am suppose to get to at least two and half finger widths apart. He says average is 2-3 fingers width. I'll keep trying Im up to two. But I still have difficulty biting into anything.
The good thing is I am starting to get used to my new look.

2 comments:

ingrid said...

yay for new food!

Katherine (Kate) said...

How goes the battle with you these days? Anything exciting in the ever-expanding world of new food?!

Hope all's well :)