Saturday, June 21, 2008

3 months Postop

Hi all,
Not much to report. I am eating almost normally now except I can't bite into apple slices. one of my favorite snacks is apple slices and I just have a real hard time biting into them and also chewing them. It's so much work. I have toughed through it because I wanted something healthy to eat and to prove to myself I could do it.
I saw my os this last week and he said I am doing great. he wasn't too worried about my opening. he said i am actually on track and states that my opening is pretty big. uh sorry buddy! I need my mouth to open more just to bite into a simple sandwich and well other things...wink, wink :>)
Pretty funny though, I was going through about a week or so with no jaw pain. As soon as I said to someone I wasn't having any more pain, BAM, the next day it's back! Boo! Maybe I should lay off the gum. I have been chewing sugar less gum once a day to work my jaw muscles per my orthodontist. But my OS said it probably wasn't the best idea. Hey, I was excited that i could actually chew it. before i would chew it for about 2 minutes and i would have pain. now it's more like 20 minutes.
On a different note, why is that I am still swollen in the mornings? Anybody?

2 comments:

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great to find your blog and read how your recovery is progressing!

It's great that you're almost back to eating as you did pre surgery. That must be helping you feel better.

Cool that your OS is happy with your progress.

Keep positive and keep healing!

Anonymous said...

I think it's normal to be a little swollen in the morning still. I can't explain why, though so my comment is pretty useless..;)
mylene